Monday, June 4, 2007

Paris reported in jail


Paris Hilton reported to jail late Sunday night to serve at least 23 days for violating probation. "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes," Hilton said in a statement released by her lawyer. "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions. In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence." Her attorney, Richard A. Hutton, said in a press release that the 26-year-old heiress had "turned herself in" to begin serving the sentence at a Los Angeles County jail in Lynwood, south of Los Angeles. She was booked into the jail at 11:38 p.m., according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Web site. She surrendered after days of partying and just hours after attending the MTV Movie Awards. Hilton actually surrendered at the downtown LA Men's Central Jail and was transported to Lynwood, according to TMZ.com, which first reported her surrender. The procedure at the Lynwood jail required her to surrender all her possessions and then be strip searched before being issued a uniform. Officials have said Hilton would be placed in "special needs housing," an area reserved for high-profile inmates who could be targeted by other prisoners.
http://people.com

No comments: